Where to get help
Faculty of Philosophy IT Manager: Andy Davies
Faculty of Philosophy IT Assistant: David Smart
IT Office location: Third floor, Radcliffe Humanities building. Turn left out of the lift. First door on the right.
Support provided for:
- Graduate Study Room issues, GSR logon accounts, GSR printing problems, GSR scanning.
- All Philosophy academic and administrative staff, and Philosophy graduates. The exception is the Philosophy library - contact the library staff for help.
- Weblearn and the Graduate Discussion Room.
- Philosophy website.
- Registration - Nexus email accounts.
- Computing Advice and Information – Troubleshooting guides.
- PC/MacIntosh Support Services – Buying, upgrading, software advice.
- Computer Resources – Labs, scanning, printing etc.
College IT Support
Your first stop for any IT question related to your college computer.
Services and Facilities
Philosophy Graduate Study Room (GSR)
N.B. This room is for the use of philosophy graduates only
Location: Ground floor, Radcliffe Humanities building, Woodstock Road
|4 PCs 1 Mac Ricoh printer/ photocopier / scanner||Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, WinEdt, Photoshop, Internet Explorer Adobe Acrobat Reader Textbridge (OCR)|
To use the GSR you need to:
- Have your university card activated for access to the Radcliffe Humanities building Philosophy areas. This will be automatically set up by the end of Week 0 in Michaelmas Term.
- And visit the IT Office to get an account created for you or fill in an online form here.
If you would like to use your own personal laptop in the GSR you must obtain authorisation from the IT Office.Laptop for loan
The Faculty has a PC laptop which it loans out for graduate use.
To book the laptop:
- Send an email to email@example.com , with the date and time you would like to collect it. Theywill reply and let you know if your time is available.
- Then bring your university card & collect the laptop from the IT office.