The Pamela Sue Anderson Studentship
Pamela Sue Anderson Studentship for the Encouragement of the Place of Women in Philosophy.
Regent’s Park College is pleased to welcome applications from post-graduate students for the Pamela Sue Anderson Studentship for the Encouragement of the Place of Women in Philosophy.
The studentship created in memory of Professor Pamela Sue Anderson aims to assist in post-graduate study in the field of Philosophy. The successful candidate will be awarded £4000 towards their post-graduate study. Preference will be given to those intending to study feminist philosophy or feminist philosophy of religion. The opportunity for the studentship is confined to graduate students at the University of Oxford.
Criteria for Award of the Studentship
The criteria for the award of the studentship shall be as follows and are not subject to any change:
- The student shall be engaged in postgraduate study in the University of Oxford and, on receipt of the studentship, shall become a member of Regent’s Park College unless he or she is already a member
- Preference for the award of the studentship shall be given to a person working on feminist philosophy of religion, or, failing that, to a person working on feminist philosophy more generally, or, failing that and as an absolute requirement, to a person working on philosophy of a kind that encourages the place of women in philosophy
- The studentship shall be tenable for as long as the academic selection committee deems appropriate, subject to the condition that it shall not be tenable beyond the duration of the student’s postgraduate study in the University of Oxford
- Candidates applying for admission must select Regent’s Park College as their first choice college or be willing to become a member of Regent’s Park College. Candidates must be successful in being offered a place on their course before or after consideration of their application.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this studentship, each candidate is required to submit the following documents:
- A curriculum vitae
- A research proposal
- A writing sample of no more than 5,000 words
- The names and contact details of two referees
Candidates are expected to indicate, in their letter of application, how their proposed research relates to the vision of the studentship.
Please send applications by email and in pdf format to the Academic Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are unable to scan and email your work, you can post it to the Academic Administrator, Regent’s Park College, Pusey Street, Oxford, OX1 2LB. Any posted materials must arrive before the deadline.
The deadline for submission is noon on the 6th of April 2018. Any applications submitted after this date may not be considered.