Jeremy’s roles include the overall direction, research, public engagement, communication, teaching, and delivering empathy training (with Sian Rees)
Key areas of expertise / roles
- Systematic reviews related to empathy (also co-applicant on a grant to develop and trial empathy training for GPs)
- Communication to non-academic audiences
- International outreach for Empathy Programme (Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, Berkeley Happiness Project, etc.)
- Philosophy of empathy (ethics of therapeutic communication, conceptual analysis)
- Training and development – have developed (with Sian) an empathy training course. Am in discussions with ContEd to deliver there (among other places.)
- How to (re) establish empathy into the heart of healthcare.
- Analyzing the economic benefits of empathic healthcare systems
- Would like to spin out a company, Empatiq, Inc. Have started the process.
- Developing and expanding empathy training that is co-produced by lay people and professionals
- rolesAssist with social media and dissemination, organising conferences, etc.